In the mood of Luis Buchinho: "Kirsten Dunst best embodies my new collection"

On the occasion of Paris Fashion Week (September 25-October), Relaxnews got a peek into the inspiration behind the designs of Luis Buchinho. His new Spring-Summer 2013 collection will hit the runway September 25 at the espace BMCS. A good opportunity for fashion fans to find out more about the artistic tastes and influences of the Portuguese designer.

Relaxnews: Which singer or actress best embodies your Spring/Summer 2013 collection and why? Luis Buchinho: Kirsten Dunst best embodies my new collection.

R: What do you think will be the essential fashion accessory for Spring/Summer 2013 and why?

LB: Pointy, revealing pumps, with neat and precise lines and towering heels in vibrant hues. They emphasize the structured aspect of my collection and assert the silhouette with a sexy twist. The shoes used for my show were designed by Egidio Alves.

R: Which song do you associate with your latest collection? Why?

LB: "Young Again" by Kasper Bjorke.

R: Where is the most unexpected place you went to find inspiration for your Spring/Summer 2013 designs?

LB: I found inspiration as I was following the design process of my new boutique in Porto. The search for metals, wood and glass influenced my choice of colors and textures for my new collection. I was fascinated by the final effect and inspired by the visuals we came up with, by their graphic and architectural lines.

R: What is the biggest backstage disaster you have ever been confronted with before a fashion show?

LB: At the S/S 2002 show, the production team forgot to call out my two last models, who failed to present my final pieces...

R: Which event in your personal life has had the biggest impact on your career as a fashion designer?

LB: When I was 15, my girlfriend was related to the world of fashion -- which increased my! curiosity for the subject. That is when I started drawing constantly. In high school, my art teacher -- who loved my fashion sketches -- almost commanded me to get into a fashion design school. And so I did.


Comments