Kirsten Dunst gets temporary restraining order against stalker

Deborah Kim

Kirsten Dunst at the 2011 MOCA Gala at the Museum Of Contemporary Art on November 13 2011 in Los Angeles (212) 243 8787 or

Halle Berry, Paris Hilton and Selena Gomez are just a couple of the many stars who have had scary run-ins with stalkers. And now Kirsten Dunst is joining the list.

TMZ reported the Spider-Man star was granted a temporary restraining order against a French man Friday.

Dunst claims Jean Christophe Prudhon of Dijon, France flew to Los Angeles at least five times in attempts to meet the star and constantly wrote to her.

NPR reported Prudhon even tried to meet her through her mother, Inez, last week.

He also sold his house in France to pay for the flight expenses, even though the 29-year-old hasnt responded to any of his more than 50 letters where he professes his love for the star.

Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson told the 51-year-old to stay at least 100 yards away from Dunst and ordered him to stop contacting her.

"I am frightened for my safety, as well as the safety of my family and friends who visit my home," Dunst wrote in a court filing.

"I am worried that Mr. Prudhon will escalate his conduct further, putting myself and my family in danger."

At a December 21 hearing, Goodson will determine if the restraining order should be extended to three years.


Comments