Kirsten Dunst: She Wears It Well

Columnist

Actress Kirsten Dunst does nonchalant power dressing in Los Angeles.

BY Kate Finnigan | 08 December 2011

Kirsten Dunst in a Burberry dress-coat at the The Hollywood Reporters Power 100 Women in Entertainment event

Kirsten Dunst got it pitch-perfect when she turned up at The Hollywood Reporter's Power 100 Women in Entertainment breakfast, held yesterday in Los Angeles.

Breakfast with 99 of the most glamorous, rich and important women in showbusiness is my idea of a bad start to the day. I think I'd rather call in sick than have to face eggs with Nicole Kidman and her agent. But should I ever find myself with a similar invitation, I'll be taking a leaf out Dunst's book and thinking a) navy blue and b) coat dress.

In pictures: Kirsten Dunst's greatest fashion hits

The allure of navy blue, the more thoughtful cousin of black, is tried and tested. But I've always had a penchant for a coat-dress. Dunst is wearing one by Burberry, which is fast making it a trademark piece.

Back in the '80s my mum used to wear a black and brown style that confused my grandfather no end - he never failed to ask her if he could put it in the cloakroom. Cue, much amusement from the children.

Since then I've liked the nonchal! ance of a coat-dress; its suggestion that the wearer won't be lingering here for long. Nothing more powerful than that


Comments