Kirsten Dunst's depression battles


Kirsten Dunst's depression battles
Kirsten Dunst shot to fame when she was just 10 years old, playing an undead child who smooched Brad Pitt inInterview With The Vampire.

From that point on, the blonde beauty has been in the spotlight - but now Kirsten has revealed that the pressures of Hollywood lead her into a bleak depression.

Kirsten appeared on Ellen DeGeneres' talk-show recently, when the subject of her abrupt disappearance from the Hollywood circuit to enter a treatment centre in Utah came up.

"There is no way to bring up with out saying what it …" said Ellen. "You suffered from depression."

"It's not something I feel like totally comfortable talking about but yeah, it's a very personal thing …" revealed Kirsten. "I dealt with it."

The 29-year-old actress believes it was the right thing for her to do to have treatment and take a break from Hollywood, because she was able to return to her career with a fresh perspective.

Kirsten added: "I definitely took a little bit of a break. And also, when you're in your 20s you need figure things out and take a step back. I had been acting so long, all my life. I think I just needed a little bit of some perspective. It was good for me and it re-inspired what I do, too."

Comments