Kirsten Dunst feared director

Kirsten Dunst was scared to work with Lars Von Trier.

The 29-year-old actress stars in the legendary filmmaker's 'Melancholia' but admitted she was nervous about making a movie with him because of his difficult reputation.

Kirsten said: 'I was scared about working with Lars because everyone made such a big deal about how he tortures actresses. When I first got to know him I was shocked by the things he would say, but you don't make the movies he makes with a PC personality. But what I found was a really sensitive, funny and kind director who was emotionally intuitive. He loves women.'

Kirsten also revealed she is happy to go naked for a part 'when it's appropriate'.

She added: 'There's a scene in 'Melancholia' where I'm lying naked, bathing in the glow of the moon, but it looks like a painting as it's lit so beautifully. You can almost forget that I'm nude. Whether your boyfriend minds seeing you naked depends on what kind of boyfriend you have. Some people would freak out but I wouldn't want to be with a person who did. It's art - I'd be proud if it was my girlfriend.'


Comments