Kirsten Dunst says life remained normal after stardom

Home : Entertainment : Kirsten Dunst says life remained normal after stardom

Kirsten Dunst says life remained normal after stardom

Actress Kirsten Dunst arrives at the gala for the film 'Melancholia' at the Toronto International Film Festival in Toronto Saturday, September 10, 2011. (Darren Calabrese / THE CANADIAN PRESS)

Date: Sunday Jan. 29, 2012 8:10 AM ET

Although the 'Melancholia' star who first shot to fame in 'Interview With The Vampire' at the age of 12 - suffered with depression issues in the past, she wouldn't change her upbringing and believes her parents did the right thing in letting her become an actress.

She said: "My parents did a really good job with me. I was a very extrovert kid and it felt normal to me to act. I've never been a prima donna so I never had problems. I always went to regular schools I always had my seat at the cafeteria when I came back from acting and I never felt like an alien in my life because of what I did.

"My mum wasn't my manager but she was always with me on set. She would bring the pasta machine and make home-made pasta wherever we went. My mum was way more laid back than my dad, so I had a good balance."

Kirsten who is thought to be dating G! arrett H edlund - also revealed her career occurred by accident when people recommended she take part in commercials because she was such a "happy child".

She added: "My mother told me that when I was born she just knew I would be an actress. Every time we'd go to the grocery store, everyone would come up to her and say, 'Your daughter is so animated, she's such a happy child, she has such a light. You should put her in commercials.' My mum thought, 'Ok we'll try acting and put away some money for college'. I booked my first commercial and that was it."

Share with your social Network:


Comments